Thursday, 9 January 2014

A list of super-duper things to look forward to in 2014

January can be rather a depressing month - long nights, dark skies and back-to-work traffic jams coupled with news of weather chaos all add to the Christmas comedown. So here's a list of things to look forward to this year.


TV
This month sees series 3 of Girls hit the screens. I'm also looking forward to a second series of Orange is the New Black and *sniff* the final series of Mad Men, rumoured to be split into two parts with the final airing next year. Au revoir Don Draper!

As for new TV shows, I'm on the look out for a replacement to Breaking Bad as we are finally on the last season (and I'm not sure the spin-off Better Call Saul will cut it!). If like me you're a fan of the lovely Scoot McNairy (and if you're not I'd recommend watching In Search of a Midnight Kiss) he stars in new AMC series, Halt & Catch Fire, set in the 80s computer boom in California.


FILMS
There's lots of great films out this year including Inside Llewyn Davis (the Coen brothers), Her (Spike Jonze), The Grand Budapest Hotel (Wes Anderson), 12 Years a Slave (Steve McQueen) and Big Eyes (Tim Burton).

COMEDY
Tom and I are off to see David Sedaris in March. I really want to see Tim Key live at some point as well, though he doesn't seem to be doing any dates outside London at the moment.

MUSIC
I've just got a copy of the new Stephen Malkmus album to listen to, and am also anticipating new albums by St Vincent & a rumour of a new Blur album...? I'm a bit behind on new music so would welcome any recommendations.

Let me know if there are any other exciting films/tv/stuff you're looking forward to this year too!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I forgot all about Girls, must look out for it, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I am really looking forward to seeing Her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am counting down the days till I can watch Girls! Plus Lena Dunham's book comes out but not till October so a long wait :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll be one for my Christmas list then! x

      Delete